In indoor spaces, unfortunately, there is no commonly used method similar to GPS, but there are a number of promising and evolving technologies available, the most appropriate method or combination of which can be used to meet the requirements and constraints of the application. The research team has significant experience in the following technologies:
- Development and application of sound, radio, light and image based sensors
- Development of robust location methods and procedures
- Development of hybrid localization systems
- Development of real-time positioning methods
Keywords: indoor localization, sensor fusion, robust positioning, fault tolerance
Members of the research group: Dr. Gyula Simon, dr. Gergely Vakulya
- Rátosi and G. Simon, "Characterization and Measurement of Performance Properties of the UFSOOK Camera Communication Protocol," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement,
Vol. 69 No. 10, pp.7982 - 7989, Oct. 2020.
- Zachár, G. Vakulya, and G. Simon, "Bearing estimation for indoor localization systems using planar circular photodiode arrays," Applied Sciences, Vol. 10, No. 11, paper 3683, May 2020.
- Rátosi and G. Simon, "Robust VLC Beacon Identification for Indoor Camera-Based Localization Systems," Sensors, Vol. 20, No. 9, paper 2522, April 2020.
- Simon, G. Zachár, and G. Vakulya, "Lookup: Robust and Accurate Indoor Localization Using Visible Light Communication," IEEE Trans. on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 66, No. 9, pp.2337 - 2348, Sept 2017
- Zachár and G. Simon, "Radio-interferometric tracking using fault-tolerant phase unwrapping," Meas. Sci. Technol., vol. 27, No. 4, Article ID 045106, 15 pages, Mar 2016.
- Ledeczi A., Nadas A., Volgyesi P., Balogh G., Kusy B., Sallai J., Pap G., Dora S., Molnar, K., Maroti M., Simon G., "Countersniper System for Urban Warfare," ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks,
Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 153-177, Nov. 2005.
- Maroti, M., Simon, G., Ledeczi, A., Sztipanovits, J., “Shooter localization in Urban Terrain,” Computer, Vol. 37, No. 8, pp. 60-61, Aug. 2004.
- Zachár, G. Vakulya, G. Simon, „Bearing estimation using planar circular photodiode arrays”, in Proc. 2020 IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference,
Dubrovnik, Croatia, May 25-29, 2020, Article number 9128827
- Rátosi, G. Simon, „Towards Robust VLC Beacon Identification in Camera Based Localization Systems ”, in Proc. 2019 International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN), Pisa, Italy, 2019, pp. 1-8. (Best Student Paper Award)
- Rátosi, G. Simon, „Real-Time Localization and Tracking using Visible Light Communication ”, in Proc. 2018 International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN),
Nantes, France, Sept. 24-27, 2018. pp. 1-8. (IEEE HS Student Paper Contest, 1st Prize)